Ministry Outreach Worker
We are looking to recruit a Ministry Outreach Worker to support our Ministry Team at Loaves N Fishes. We need somebody who has a desire to minister to the lost and broken in a Christian faith based workplace.
Loaves N Fishes is a Christian charity, based in Sandwell in the West Midlands. It is designed to demonstrate the unconditional love and compassion of Jesus Christ. We provide furniture, household essentials and clothing to families and individuals who are living in poverty within our reach.
The Ministry Team
Everyone that is supported through Loaves N Fishes are referred to our Ministry Team. Our team will provide them with an aftercare service where they will pray for them and connect them to a local church.
Pastor Steve Hartland says “It’s great to be able to supply people with furniture and clothing but sometimes they need that extra support or may just need to meet new people rather than being isolated and left to cope alone, This is what the church should be all about.”
• Work alongside the Ministry Team Leader to issue aftercare support for individuals who have been helped by Loaves N Fishes
• Offer in-house pastoral support and prayer for service users, staff, volunteers and visitors
• Complete referrals for individuals in need of support
• Operate and maintain a bespoke database and IT system, recording the aftercare services we provide to families and individuals
• Organise and partake in outreach activities in-house and in the community
• Liaise with the local churches as a representative of Loaves N Fishes.
• Lead ministry presentations at Churches and Organisations
• Store and distribute outreach handouts and tracts
• Undertake any other duties necessary for the role
Members of the Ministry Outreach Team are also responsible for vehicle and transport maintenance. This includes;
• Help operate the Transport Office who oversee fleet vehicle maintenance
• Health and Safety
• Tool management and maintenance
• Building maintenance, including the delegation and organisation of contracted and outsourced work
• Ministry experience is required
• Business and Admin experience is preferable but not essential
• Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade A-C or equivalent (including Maths and English)
• Good IT skills are necessary
• Good communicator and strong people skills
• Organised and able to effectively process paperwork, data and records
• Self-confidence is necessary due to the nature of the role
• Demonstrate logical and practical understanding in an honest, compassionate and trustworthy manner
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your CV to email@example.com and also request an application form.